Saturday 7 March 2015

My London Adventure!

My London Adventure!

Part 10: Around London pt3

 
 This is another trip around London! On this day I actually packed in as much as I could!
 
So here goes!
 
My first stop was to see the Great Fire Monument at Pudding Lane!
 




Base of the Monument.

 

Looking up the Monument!

The Monument stands at 202 feet high!

 

 
 
From here I walked to St Paul's Cathedral where I stopped briefly for some lunch and to admire the views around me!

Book Bench!


At the time I visited London, there were many book benches placed around the city, dedicated to authors. I was lucky to see this one dedicated to the book Mary Poppins, next to St Paul's Cathedral!
 

 

Bust of John Donne!

 

Front of St Paul's

 

"Feed the Birds, Two-pence a bag!"

 

 

War Memorial at the side of St Paul's

 

 

 

 

Statue of Queen Victoria.

 

Memorial for the Fire Fighters during the Blitz


From St Paul's Cathedral, I headed towards the Millennium Bridge and was heading for the Globe Theatre!

On route, I passed the College of Arms!

 

The College of Arms!

 

 
I will admit, as I headed for the Bridge, I was imaging the scene from Harry Potter!
 

 

 

Tate Museum!

 

Top of the Great Fire Monument!

 

Me on the Bridge!

 

Looking back at St Paul's Cathedral!



I was going to visit the Globe this day, but there was a show so I ended up having a wonder around the city before heading to the Imperial War Museum!

On my Wonder I found the replica of the Golden Hind that was the Ship of Sir Francis Drake!
 

 

The Golden Hind!

 

Southwark Cathedral!

 

 

The London eye!



Thanks for reading and see you next week!

Claire
x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment